Wednesday 26 June 2013

After Much Preparation...


"I am pleased to inform you that you have met the entrance requirements for your respective host University and can take up your International Exchange placement in 2013-14."
Yes, after filling in, emailing and posting paperwork, scheduling meetings, having injections, applying for loans and a visa, the groundwork has been laid for a great year abroad. I was relieved to receive this news from our study abroad department; it would have taken a very large bouquet of flowers and many bottles of bitter to apologise for not getting the required grades for America and having wasted a lot of time and (parents') money. But, no such conversation was necessary and I have been given the all clear for eight hopefully very exciting months. 

As many people are asking, I will be flying out on 17th August from Terminal 5. Naturally, I don't want a lot of fuss to be made over me going...actually, "I want you to let the ballyhoo boys loose, plan a celebration, and declare a holiday." - (The title of the blog is a spin off from Mr Smith Goes to Washington, so quotes from the film will be added from time to time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment